Effective: April 1, 2019
When ordering our services or registering on our site, you will be asked to create a user account and to enter the personal information that we need to process your transaction or respond to your request. This information may include, depending on the specific task, your name, date of birth, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, company name, shipping information (including pickup and drop off destinations), location (to locate bicycle shops near you) and other details to help us handle your order or your experience.
For claims and shipping purposes, we and our partners (e.g., FedEx) will also collect some or all of the following: sales invoice information and images; return/repair authorization forms; passport information; driver’s licenses; bike and contents; travel itineraries; and event registrations.
We offer the opportunity to provide additional information when you set up a OvernightBikes.com user account or in connection with email/chat discussions with our representatives. The information you disclose to us in these circumstances is completely voluntary but helps us improve your OvernightBikes.com experience. Any of the above information may be collected and stored to coordinate or improve your OvernightBikes.com experience and/or perform the services that you’ve requested under your agreement with us.
We collect information from you when you visit our website, set up an account on our website, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out and submit a form, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, use other site features or respond to a customer support inquiry. We also collect information through our cloud-hosted contact management system, email, phone calls and other correspondence.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To set up your account so that we can accept and process your orders for products and services;
- To process your transactions, fulfill your customer service and other requests and communicate with you about your orders;
- To manage and track delivery of your shipment, including customs clearance where required;
- To enable you to track your shipping order;
- To verify your identity;
- To process reports of loss or damage;
- Further our legitimate interest in building our relationship with you by sending our newsletter, marketing new services, providing special offerings and alerts and obtaining feedback about your needs, interests and ways we can improve our products and services. If you receive email marketing messages from us, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time;
- To personalize our users’ website experience and deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested; and to administer contests, promotions, surveys and other site features.
You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our site. You should keep this password confidential, and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who claims to work for us. You should change your password from time to time to help ensure that your account remains safe.
Duration of Information Use
For your convenience we may retain payment information received from our payment processing partners for up to 60 days in order to expedite future orders and to automate the billing process. Your credit card information is not routinely stored on our systems and is instead immediately forwarded to our payment processing partners. Any payment information received from our payment processing partners is encrypted and unreadable by other customers and our staff. We retain order information indefinitely to further our legitimate interests in evaluating trends in marketing, repeat orders, customer needs and wants and other business markers.
- Help remember and process your shipping or other order.
- Understand and save your account login information and preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use authorized third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Data Collection Technologies
In addition to cookies, we and third parties we may authorize the use other technical methods to collect and store your data, including, without limitation, web beacons, pixel tags, remarketing tags and other anonymous identifiers to your device. A “web beacon” is a type of technology that lets us know if you visited a certain page or whether you opened an email. A “pixel tag” or “remarketing tag” is a type of technology placed within a website or email for the purpose of tracking activity, which is often used in combination with cookies. Other “anonymous identifiers” are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available.
You can control how cookies and similar internet tracking technologies are used to track and log your online activities in several ways, including:
- Managing the preference settings on your browser and device to warn you when a cookie is sent or to disable cookies.
- Purchasing a utility from an independent software provider that you install on your computer or mobile browsers to make website visits anonymous.
Disclosure of Information
Identified below are situations where we may share personal information with third parties in a manner that is consistent with our legitimate interests and the rights and freedoms of our customers, website visitors and other individuals whose personal information may be disclosed.
- Shipping and assembly services; events. We contract with FedEx and local bike shops to provide packing and assembly services. To provide their services, we transmit your shipment details and contact information to them as needed to fulfill your transaction (including name, tracking number, shipping label, ship date, pickup confirmation number and, in some instances, employment or education relocation acceptance letters). If you order assembly services (where available), we will arrange for that service with a local bike shop and provide them with your contact information and delivery date. For some events, we may also provide shipping information to event directors.
- Customer communications and administrative services. We partner with service providers to administer certain of our website services and the back end technology to assist customers.
- Website analytics. We use cookie-based tracking such as Google Analytics and other third-party services to generate statistics about website visitor activity. These tools help us better understand the ways in which people use our website and identify users who may be interested in receiving marketing communications about our products and services.
- Personalized Advertising. We may use Google Ads services on our website to help us identify cyclists who may be interested in our services and may send marketing or advertising messages to those individuals. We also use these analytics to locate individuals who have previously visited our site and expressed interest in our services but have not yet become customers.
- Direct Marketing. We use third-party email marketing services to assist us in sending our monthly Newsletter and/or email messages to you. These services will have your contact information. You may unsubscribe from these marketing communications at any time.
- Business Transactions. If OvernightBikes.com were to undertake a sale or transfer of business assets or another kind of business transaction, we may disclose or transfer personal information subject to appropriate confidentiality and use restrictions, and we may retain a copy of the information post sale or transfer.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year.
To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing (if any) will be included in our response.
COPPA (Children of Online Privacy Protection Act)
To protect children's personal information and to meet the standards of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. The website and service is a general audience service for users 18 and older and is not geared toward children. If you are under the age of 18, you should not use this service or website and should not submit any personal information to us.